Circulate on social media this link stockdailydish.com/nurse-who-for-12-years-felt-powerless-to-expose-abuse-of-patients-in-the-secure-units-speaks-out/
with these quotes on covered-up crimes against learning disabled patients + more strongly autistic teenagers, in the secure unit system. The story comes from an anonymous nurse whistleblower. It needs to hit the public more than they usually hear.
- 2 dozen distraught families – some breaking gagging orders – who have told how their children have been taken from them for years and stuck inside unsuitable secure units that only lead to mental deterioration.
- there were 4 members of staff who did not like him, so they wound him up and he became abusive in response.
- They said he was putting it on and left him there for 2 days. Only when the consultant came in was he sent to hospital, where they found his top 2 vertebrae were broken.
- she was then asked to cover up the incident by colleagues. “I was supposed to say it was an accident and there had been proper restraint methods used. I refused, so they made it impossible for me to work and I quit.”
- one man with Down’s syndrome who loved drawing would have his crayons hidden by staff to infuriate him
- “I tell parents they should never seek help from the system because they will lose control of their child,” Elaine said. Ask for help and you risk losing your child.”
- asked for 3 days’ respite help only to have his autistic son locked away for 3 years so far.
- children as young as 13 were being incarcerated in secretive secure units